The Start Up Loans Company
A Start Up Loan is a government-backed personal loan available to individuals looking to start or grow a business in the UK.DSL Business Finance Ltd is a delivery partner of The Start Up Loans Company (SULC). We provide start up loans across Scotland and have Loan Officers based throughout the country.
SALIENT FEATURES OF A START UP LOAN
- A Start Up Loan is a personal loan for business purposes.
- The loan is unsecured, so there’s no need to put forward any assets or guarantors to support an application.
- All owners or partners in a business can individually apply for from £500 up to £25,000 each, with a maximum of £100,000 available per business.
- 1-5 year loan repayment term is 60 months.
- Fixed interest rate of 6% p.a.
- No application or set-up fees.
- There is no penalty for repaying the loan early.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR A START UP LOAN?
You can apply for a Start-Up Loan if:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are a current UK Resident.
- You have the right to work in the UK.
- You’re starting a new business or have been trading for up to 24 months.
- You’re unable to secure finance from other sources (self-declaration is ok).
- Your business type and loan purpose is eligible under terms of the scheme.
- Your business is based in Scotland.
Please note that you will be credit checked as part of your application.
If you have read the above and feel that you are eligible to apply, please click here.
An example for Illustrative purposes:
Annual Interest Rate (fixed) is 6% p.a. (6.168% APR) based on borrowing £12,500 and repaying over 5 years in 60 monthly repayments of £241.66 each with total amount repayable of £14,499.59.
The loan calculator is designed to help you work out what your total and monthly repayments will be, depending on the loan term and amount you choose. We offer loans from £500 to £25,000 at a fixed interest rate of 6% per annum (6.168% APR) and you can choose a loan repayment term between one to five years. The APR remains the same for the loan amount and duration.